Utility Workers & Machine Operators
Hiring Event *By invitation Only*
Tuesday, February 11th Time: 5pm-7pm
Do you have previous manufacturing experience?
Do you have an excellent attendance record?
Do you have a strong desire to learn and work with a team?
If you answered YES, then SWM is your next career choice!
SIGN UP: Visit www.swmintl.com , browse jobs and apply: hiring event in Greenfield, MA
What We Do: As experts in highly engineered materials made from fibers, resins and polymers, SWM provides solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. Every day, our papers, films, nets and nonwovens are used in the medical, filtration, transportation and a variety of other markets globally. While we may be a global powerhouse, we are still a “human-sized” enterprise, dedicated to offering rewarding opportunities with room to grow for all our employees.
What You’ll Do:
Utility Worker: As part of the manufacturing team you will assist the machine operators and production floor in a fast- paced environment. You will be responsible for moving supplies and materials, labeling and packaging finished products and maintaining accurate records. You will operate a fork lift, use a bar code scanner and perform data entry tasks.
Machine Operator: You will set up, start up, and troubleshoot flat and blown film extrusion lines. Inspect materials and product. Operate and maintain extrusion lines in conformance to customer and company product specifications. Read and follow work orders. Record data into production database.
12-hour shifts, 7:00 – 7:00 on a rotating schedule with every other weekend off.
Requirements / Skills / Experience
- Basic Math, Reading and Writing skills are required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required
- Ability to use a ruler or other measurement tools is required
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance is required
- Ability to read and understand work orders (dimensions, materials, packaging) is required
- Ability to communicate effectively with workers and supervisors
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred
- Prior manufacturing and/or machine operator experience preferred
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Weekly Pay
- Retirement Plan
- Quarterly Bonuses
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- A Safe Work Environment
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Positive Work Culture
- Climate Controlled Workplace
- Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Recognitions
- Plus more!
About this company
SWM is a leading manufacturer of polyurethane film products. The success of our company is attributed to our employees. We have a great reputation as an excellent place to work and provide our employees opportunities to succeed and develop their skills.
Location/Region: Greenfield, MA