RIVERSIDE INDUSTRIES, INC.
A private, non-profit agency located in Easthampton, Massachusetts whose mission is to empower people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to live rich and full lives is looking to fill a
Monday – Friday, Full-time, 40 hour/week, 6:30am – 3:30pm
May be required to work overtime on weekends
Cleaning, Sanitizing and Maintaining Riverside Industries’ large multi-story facility located at One Cottage Street, Easthampton, MA
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean bathroom facilities and keep restrooms supplied with towels, soap, and other items.
- Collect and dispose of trash from bathroom receptacles
- Clean, sweep, dust, mop, vacuum and wash floors and stairways
- Clean windows and woodwork
- Follow cleaning procedures and schedule
- Follow instructions concerning various cleaning chemical solutions
- Assist with cleaning of grounds and facility site
- Assist with snow removal and deicing
- Help with moving furniture, desks, chairs and other items for RSI departments
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Some Janitorial experience preferred with general knowledge of housekeeping, tools, equipment and supplies.
Must have physical strength to lift buckets of water, chemicals and inventory
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Stamina to stand and work for four hours straight
Ability to perform repetitive motions on a daily basis, including bending, pushing, pulling, reaching, climbing, squatting, shoveling, lifting
Ability to work with little supervision
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative, professional working relationships within a diverse population
In addition to a positive and team-oriented work environment, full-time benefits include:
Generous Vacation/Sick/Holiday paid time off
Health/Dental insurance option
Short Term/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance – 100% company paid
403b Retirement plan
Employee Assistance Program
Accepting resumes/applications until position is filled.
Mail or email resume & cover letter to: Riverside Industries, One Cottage Street, Easthampton, MA 01027,
No phone calls please. Pre-employment CORI, driving record check, fingerprinting, and drug screening and physical exam required. We are an EOE Employer.
Location/Region: Easthampton, MA (US - 01027)