* Manage assigned daily activities and administration within the Corporate Finance Department with specialization and focus in Grant Accounting.
1. Assists with the oversight of the month-end close procedure, including the communication with internal customers, review of financial journal entries, review and completion of balance sheet reconciliation, and review and preparation of various financial reports.
2. Assists with the development, recommendation and implementation of financial policies, protocols, and procedures to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), internal controls and legal/regulatory requirements, especially as it relates to Federal, State and local government funding.
3. Assists with the supervision of the preparation of all necessary financial and statistical reports as well as the administration of all audits, analyses, and customer support.
4. Provides input for activities related to grant funding and budgets.
5. Performs/Supervises other finance-related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: None required.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Requires ability to process and understand complex mathematical skills.
Required Work Experience: 5 years experience in grant accounting, finance or related field; working knowledge of finance-related software.
Memorial Healthcare System, consisting of 6 acute care hospitals, a nursing home, outpatient facilities, home health services and physician practices, provides quality, comprehensive care to the residents of the surrounding communities. We invite you to join one of the nation's leading healthcare systems, recognized for use of advanced technology and clinical informatics. The system offers a diversity of opportunities and specialties matched only by our uniquely skilled team of over 10,000 employees. Memorial Healthcare System has developed a strong organizational culture that empowers its workforce and supports a vibrant patient care environment. In fact, MHS was recognized by the Studer Group with a "Fire Starter Award" for extraordinary outcomes in developing a culture of service and operational excellence.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL