The Navy’s Sea, Air and Land Forces – commonly known as SEALs – are expertly trained to deliver highly specialized, intensely challenging warfare capabilities that are beyond the means of standard military forces.
This includes direct action warfare. Special reconnaissance. Counterterrorism. Foreign internal defense. When there’s nowhere else to turn, Navy SEALs are in their element. Achieving the impossible by way of critical thinking, sheer willpower and absolute dedication to their training, their missions and their fellow Special Operations team members.
Established by President John F. Kennedy in 1962, the Navy SEALs are a nimble, elite maritime military force suited for all aspects of unconventional warfare. In this role, you will provide immediate military options amidst crises around the world.
Your duties as a SEAL may include and are not limited to:
- Conducting insertions and extractions by sea, air or land to accomplish covert, Special Warfare/Special Operations missions
- Capturing high-value enemy personnel and terrorists around the world
- Collecting information and intelligence through special reconnaissance missions
- Carrying out small-unit, direct-action missions against military targets
- Performing underwater reconnaissance and the demolition of natural or man-made obstacles prior to amphibious landings
No college degree is required to become an Enlisted Navy SEAL, but the standards of qualification require the kind of mental and physical fortitude that few possess. For those making the cut, immense challenges and constant training are a way of life.
Upon joining the Navy, you must:
- Meet specific eyesight requirements: 20/40 best eye; 20/70 worst eye; correctable to 20/25 with no color blindness
- Meet the minimum Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) score: GS+MC+EI=170 or VE+MK+MC+CS=220 or VE+AR=110 MC=50
- Be 28 years of age or younger
- Pass a physical examination required for divers
- Be a U.S. citizen and eligible for security clearance
- General qualifications may vary depending upon whether you’re currently serving, whether you’ve served before or whether you’ve never served before.
For more information, please call 1-800-533-1657, or email email@example.com Or, select the Apply Now button to complete an online form requesting more information. https://www.roanoke.com/jobs/us-navy/us_navy/
Location/Region: Roanoke, VA