The Glenny Glass Company in Milford, Ohio is seeking a hands on, energetic, common sense oriented, full time Production Assistant. The Production Assistant will perform many duties that must be completed on a daily basis. This includes CAD drawings for CNC machines and scheduling production work. The Production Planning Assistant will also work with the Production Manager on a daily basis by providing requested status updates, as well as by discussing scheduling plans.
$14.00 per hour to start with handsome performance bonus potential.
Benefits include Health & Life Ins., disability, paid holidays & vacation, 401K matching.
Essential Job Duties:
- Optimizing production schedules, organizing paperwork that will be sent to the floor
- Applying tools for the drawings that are sent to the CNC machines
- Taking pictures of physical patterns received from customers and transferring them for automation
- Ordering glass when needed and receiving it
- Possess a complete knowledge of all products/product types
- Ability to read and fully understand all documentation associated with production and sales orders.
- Knowledge of all product’s production and machine operation processes
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Hard working, self-starter and problem solver
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Fluent Microsoft office knowledge
- CAD experience a plus but not a requirement
- Ability to multi-task and time manage with a keen attention to details
- Capable of remaining calm and composed under pressure
- Is able to stay focused on tasks at hand
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values
- Physical strength – must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 25 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time
Founded in 1851, we are an independent wholesale distributor of:
Architectural Glass, Tempered Glass, Insulated Glass Units, Safety Glass, Flat Glass products, Glass doors and Custom Glass Fabrications.
In our plant in Milford, Ohio we have a new state-of-the-art glass tempering furnace, computer controlled robotic machinery to manufacture insulated glass units and cut, polish, bevel and etch flat glass. We also apply coatings to glass. Through our associations with the major glass manufacturers, we can order specialty items for any glass need.
Our fleet of Company owned trucks deliver almost all of the glass & glass products we sell.
End to end control of the production process lets us produce superior results on all products and get custom shower doors and insulated units with internal blinds just right for you!
Location/Region: Milford, OH