Springfield College invites applicants for a Project Supervisor. This position will assist the Project Manager in project identification, scope development, bidding, award, and supervision of projects across campus. Support all capital, planning and maintenance projects across the campus including all the college buildings, properties and facilities. Supervise contractors, vendors, temporary workers, student workers, etc. in the performance of work and hold them accountable to college standards of performance.
- Coordinate college projects pertaining to repairs, maintenance, new construction, renovations, code improvements, modifications, replacements, compliance and future work.
- Define scopes of work, create Requests for Proposals (RFPs), review proposals, make awarding recommendations, hold construction and progress meetings. Keep projects to predetermined timelines, quality levels, and performance standards. Maintain costs within budget. Oversee work to successful completion. Ensure documentation is accurate and complete.
- Perform field supervision and lead craft or contractor resources to complete work in an efficient manner with emphasis on quality, cost management, and safety.
- Coordinate the activities of contractors, Facilities and Campus Services personnel, college projects, and office/residential occupants to ensure maximum efficiency and minimum disruption.
- Manage maintenance budgets, project budgets, and renovation projects to ensure that operations and projects are cost effective, completed in a timely and accurate manner, and are on budget.
- Ensure contractor compliance with all applicable fire and life safety codes, building codes, environmental regulations, OSHA regulations, college policies, and oversee quality control, finish level, and function of all work performed. Communicate schedule, milestones, costs, and status to supervisors and college community.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal environmental policies, permits, and guidelines through accurate record keeping and timely submission of appropriate paperwork.
- Maintain accurate records including blueprints, CAD files, bids, change requests, value engineering, schedules, payments, correspondence, etc.
- Review incoming work requests and complete job planning activities. Develop and manage a weekly schedule.
- Communicate information up, down and across the organization. Share information openly to foster an atmosphere of trust and cooperation within the administration, faculty, and staff.
- Perform other work and additional duties as assigned, including assisting other Facilities and Campus Services operations to complete assignments and being available for emergencies and scheduled "off-hour" work as needed.
- Perform seasonal tasks as needed, including shoveling, clearing snow and ice from walks, stairs, and pathways.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least 4 years experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Specialized certification or licenses including Massachusetts Construction Supervisor, or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic carpentry, roofing, electrical, and mechanical skills. Knowledge of general building codes. Ability to prepare job specifications. Supervision and project management skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information effectively. Analytical, evaluative, and critical thinking skills.
Please visit our career site at http://springfield.edu/careers.
Springfield College is committed to enhancing diversity and equality in education and employment.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA