an immediate opening for an IT Specialist. The IT Specialist will be
responsible for providing support regarding repairs, upgrades, installation,
and operation of customer computers, wired and wireless networks and providing both
on-site and telephone support. Qualified candidate must be experienced
with PC hardware and software, and be well versed in Microsoft products and
operating systems. Must be experienced in security and anti-virus
software as well as detecting and resolving virus related issues.
Experience installing and maintaining home networks using wired and wireless
equipment is required. Candidate will also be responsible for the
maintenance and administration of all workstations, printers and access points
on Citizens Local Area Networks. Experience with wiring and maintaining Local
Area Networks (LANs) using category 5 (CAT 5) cabling and fiber optics also
· Excellent verbal, written, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
· High organizational and time management skills.
· Strong skills and experience using computer software, hardware, and
Windows operating systems is required.
· Minimum requirements include a two-year degree in computer/networks or
· Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
This position offers:
· Comprehensive benefits
· A competitive hourly rate
· The opportunity to work for a proven technology leader in the region
Only qualified applicants with all the above qualifications will be
considered. Applicants must provide both a resume and application to the
address listed below. Applicants may obtain an application by calling (540)
745-9502 or viewing our website at www.citizens.coop/careers. No
applicant material will be accepted after 5:00 pm on Friday, August 3, 2018.
Location/Region: Floyd, VA