business seeks Field Technician, or Environmental Scientist to join their team.
- With senior oversight, handles a range of projects
including but not limited to petroleum remediation, mold, and asbestos for
commercial and retail sites.
- Performs soil and groundwater sampling and related
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) and Aboveground Storage
Tank (AST) removals and related services.
- Performs scheduling, subcontractor coordination and
- Performs general labor and activities on construction
- Works with staff to ensure all resources are in place
for proper fieldwork and reporting execution.
- Emergency Spill Response and physically demanding
duties are periodically required. May require 24 hour/7 day a week
work under special circumstances.
- Communicates with clients, third party and regulatory
agents regarding project status, schedules and compliance issues.
- Ensures adherence to client and corporate contract
specifications in all activities including Health, Safety, Security, and
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Geology,
Environmental Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- Previous experience required for higher level
positions. Must include fieldwork, office work, and case management
experience for petroleum and/or industrial environmental remediation
- Must possess excellent communication and technical
writing skills and be able to independently prepare a complete deliverable
report with a focus on QA/QC.
- Working knowledge of Virginia environmental regulations
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus. OSHA
40-hour HAZWOPER training will be required if this certification is not
yet earned. This certification is required to perform the duties of this
comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription, and
business is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly
values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Location/Region: Roanoke, VA