Assistant Professor of Nursing (Tenure Track) – 2 Positions
The following position requires familiarity with the community college philosophy, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Assistant Professor of Nursing (Tenure Track) – 2 Positions
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Nursing Department/School of Health Careers, Technology, and Applied Learning
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Nursing Department is seeking two (2) full-time Assistant Professors to teach Medical/Surgical Nursing and to assist in the development and use of SIMs interactive lab technology. Teaching responsibilities include classroom lecture, college lab, and clinical instruction for both beginning and advanced medical surgical nursing. Topics include but are not limited to: Cardiac, Respiratory, Renal, Neuro, Orthopedics, and Gastrointestinal Nursing. The faculty member will also participate in the development/design and revision of curriculum offered. Faculty members are expected to participate actively in both departmental and college wide committees, as well as demonstrate professional development. Faculty are required to teach 15 hours a week and hold a minimum of 5 office hours per week.
- A Master’s degree in Nursing is required.
- At least three years of recent consecutive, full-time lecture teaching experience and at least 3 years of recent medical-surgical clinical nursing instruction experience required.
- Experience in curriculum development and test construction also required.
- The successful candidate must possess an active and unrestricted NYS Registered Nurse license.
- Knowledge and commitment to the goals and missions of the community college and a demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse and multicultural student body and staff are required.
- A Master’s degree in Nursing Education is strongly preferred.
- At least five years of clinical experience as a medical surgical nurse preferred.
- A familiarization with the accreditation process is recommended.
Candidates who have demonstrated a commitment to working with underrepresented minority students through teaching, mentoring, or administration are especially encouraged to apply.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: Spring 2019
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $63,570 plus excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Priority will be given to applications received by September 30, 2018.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence and lifelong learning. Westchester Community College is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer.
About this company
Westchester Community College, the County’s largest educational institution, is nestled on 218 acres of scenic property and provides a tranquil work environment.
With locations in key markets throughout Westchester County, career positions are generally available in a variety of functions.
Westchester Community College is committed to hiring innovative administrators, faculty members, and staff. Women, minorities and those dedicated to diversity and multiculturalism are strongly encouraged to apply. Full-time positions include excellent benefits. AA/EOE.
Location/Region: Valhalla, NY