Ready to advance your career and have the opportunity to work on urban water treatment projects? Parsons is now hiring a Technician III with a desire to work in a support role alongside the Project Manager on various construction projects that enhance the urban fabric of our community in Aurora, CO
In this role, under minimal supervision, you will perform a variety of non-routine tasks in support of the professional staff within the assigned unit. Work assignments may be in the office and/or at field sites. A willingness to travel and/or to relocate is expected. Our technicians may act in a lead capacity as required.
Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your 2-4 years of experience your career and leadership opportunities forward. We need our Technicians to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environments that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills Responsibilities:
- Performs non-routine and occasionally heavy labor tasks related to on-site industrial waste, hazardous waste, field environmental surveys or wastewater treatment operations and maintenance.
- Collects samples and maintains documentation in record logs.
- Operates trucks, pumps, vacuum equipment, oil booms, generators, and other machinery/equipment. Maintains appropriate logs of activities.
- Tests, calibrates, repairs, and modifies control and instrumentation systems at on-site locations under general supervision. Assignments are undertaken independently on a regular basis.
- Prepares required field and office reports of various activities and findings. Initiates basic reports and/or establishes and maintains logs and records.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 2 years of experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to work at high elevations; lift and carry 30+ pounds; pull, stand, and work in confined spaces; crouch for long periods of time; and work under inclement cold weather conditions
- Relevant background in water treatment systems, pumps, materials, equipment and/or construction to support plant operations, maintenance, and repair activities.
- Knowledge of methods and precautions in storing and handling chemicals.
- Ability to work with others in a professional team environment, as well as independently when required.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
Location/Region: Aurora, CO