At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Market Research Consultant within PNC's Marketing - Decision Analytics & Research
organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.Job Profile
- Obtains, organizes, analyzes, interprets, and reports market-related information to determine market potential of a product or service.
- Independently leads primary marketing research, including determining means and methods, and secondary marketing analysis associated with product launch and new product development.
- Utilizing and developing expertise with specific methodologies and business issues for: advertising effectiveness, reach and frequency of promotions, field force strategy and negotiation support. Makes recommendations based on research completed.
- Conducting qualitative or quantitative research for market positioning, such as pricing, market assessment, or promotional and advertising research studies.
- Works independently to analyze marketing data, interpret it for brand impact and report to management on implications for key products and services.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Job Specific Competencies
Customer Experience Management. - Working Experience
- Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.
Business Markets - Working Experience
- Knowledge of existing and planned markets and market-related initiatives from the perspectives of the competition, the suppliers, the customer base and the regulatory environment; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Business Statistics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the tools, processes, and practices that describe business results in measurable scales; ability to use this knowledge and data to assist in making business decisions.
Business Analytics - Working Experience
- Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Product Development Best Practices - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to research, identify and apply formal disciplines and best practices for improving the quality and costs related to product development.
Market Research - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use tools and techniques for collecting, collating and analyzing information on existing or potential markets in order to meet market needs.
Competitive Environment - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the processes, tools and techniques for gathering, analyzing, and communicating information about the competitive environment.
MARKETING CHANNELS - Working Experience
- Knowledge of marketing options and opportunities; ability to advertise an organization's products, services and brand through various channels.
Consulting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.EEO Statement
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
Location/Region: Pittsburgh, PA