As a Corporate Finance Manager, you will be part of PNC's finance staff, specifically working in the Enterprise Performance Analysis group. You will be part of a team that supports and provides analysis /advice to senior management regarding the enterprise’s performance relative to peers. In addition you will help evaluate market level sales performance. On a monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc basis, your contributions will help "tell the story" of PNC's relative performance to internal management.
You will be part of a dynamic team striving to deliver optimal financial analysis and reporting for internal clients. Each day offers exciting challenges as you manage and contextualize the financial performance of the company by gathering and analyzing complex financial data, monitoring industry trends, and assessing various macroeconomic issues and their impact on the banking industry. In this role, you will enjoy high visibility.
Your days and weeks will be paced by standard department protocols, and by situations that call for special attention. You'll use your finance, accounting and business experience, to become familiar with PNC's peers, and build a network of professional relationships inside and outside PNC Finance. PNC is committed to leadership, so you will be exposed to the industry's best in technology, processes, and service.Job Profile
- Provides a variety of foundational financial management and accounting services.
- Prepares and determines content for internal financial and business metric reports and information to support quarterly and annual external reports.
- Responsible for identifing and escalating key risks to management. Prepares financial data and analysis to support risk management in order to evaluate implications and make recommendations to management. Promptly identifies and addresses control matters; maintains sound control processes.
- Delivers ad hoc finance and accounting analysis which may include management accounting analysis. Monitors and evaluates performance and authors and delivers communications as appropriate.
- Prepares and delivers information in response to requests and requirements of auditors, regulators, and investors. Contributes to or delivers annual budgets or monthly forecast updates.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Business Analytics - Working Experience
- Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Budgeting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, policies and practices for planning and administering a budget.
Finance and Accounting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of finance and accounting practices, financial analysis, and reporting; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Information Capture - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the processes and the ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Working Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
MANAGING EXPENSES AND FINANCES - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use the functions, tools and processes needed to manage financial assets and liabilities throughout the organization.
INSTITUTIONAL FINANCE - Working Experience
- Knowledge of finance, financial methods, tools and strategies employed by private and public corporations.
ACCOUNTING - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to use the methods, processes, and tools for maintaining and preparing financial statements and reports.
FINANCIAL AND ACCOUNTING SYSTEMS - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use financial and accounting applications specific to the organization.
Financial Analysis - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.EEO Statement
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
Location/Region: Pittsburgh, PA