Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. As a member of the First American family of companies, First American Home Warranty offers a wide range of home warranty products and services to home sellers, buyers and agents. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.homewarranty.firstam.com.
- Defines business process requirements, researches alternatives, prepares presentations, drives solutions, gains consensus, tests to confirm, and implements solutions for a specific business need.
- Analyzes and gathers customer requirements to develop and implement customized solutions and provide alternative solutions.
- Provides informal training as part of implementation process. May provide formal training and support directly to customers.
- Working with business partners and SMEs, creates documentation of business processes, training procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Generate and create reports; research and analyze data and report trends to management/ business partners.
- Clearly communicate with many business stakeholders as well as IT organization
- Ability to self-develop, self-direct, and exercise initiative
- Works on a wide range of problems where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Acts in an advisory capacity, influencing and making recommendations which may have an important bearing on the conduct of the business segment.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Has the creative latitude to work outside policy and develop new solutions.
- Negotiates, persuades, and gains consensus from implementation team and/or management.
- Errors may cause delay of process development or problem resolution.
Supervision Received or Extended
- No responsibility for the supervision of others
- Works independently setting own priorities and objectives with supervisory consultation.
- Regularly makes recommendations to and influences department policies and procedures.
- Actively contributes to the results of a team and works towards achieving team goals and objectives.
- Uses expertise of more senior level Business Analysts and team members and leverages additional resources to confirm solution or explore customized applications as a solution.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Analytical skills to determine root cause of problems and apply creative and effective solutions
- Ability to analyze a situation, interview, formulate questions, and probe for deeper knowledge/ understanding
- Data management skills
- Has basic knowledge of general business, production, and/or operation environment and general cost benefit awareness
- Good written and oral communication skills in order to define parameters to meet business requirements
- Presentation skills
- Standard MS skill set
- SQL knowledge a strong plus
- Experience with Tableau, PowerBI, Sisense and other BI tools a strong plus
- Generally requires BS Degree or equivalent work experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically have 2- 5 years of directly related experience
License or Certification
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Phoenix, AZ