This position has significant responsibility of the day to day maintenance of Biosafety Level 3 & Animal Biosafety Level 3 containment areas. Job responsibilities require but are not limited to: ballast change outs, minor electrical maintenance, general maintenance duties i.e., painting, door and hardware repair, and minor plumbing maintenance. This position requires successful completion and maintenance of a Security Risk Assessment (SRA) background check through the Criminal Justice Investigation Service of the Department of Justice. Ability to wear personal protection equipment (negative pressure PAPR or N95). Must have sufficient mobility, dexterity and endurance to perform task assigned. Participates in annual and ongoing regulatory compliance training, included but not limited to biosafety, OEHS and other regulatory compliance training. Applies knowledge, concepts and techniques on the job. Fills out required documentation including logs, forms, inventory records and any departmental required documents. This is an essential position and will be required to assist in departmental activities during emergencies such as but not limited to, fires, hurricanes, floods, electrical outages.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to maintain a Tier 1 security clearance
- Capable of receiving and giving oral, written and diagramed instruction
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to stand, walk, climb and stoop for extend periods of time
- Must be able to lift at least 45 lbs.
- Ability to utilize TMA Facilities maintenance software on a portable device (e.g. iPod)
- Ability and willingness to work evening, weekends and possibly holidays
- Must be able to take on call for emergencies
Required Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Electrical license from accredited college or trade school
- Five years of experience in electrical trade
- Orleans class D electrical license or equivalent
- Five years experience in General Maintenance preferably in an academic research environment
How To Apply
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job.This posting will remain open until filled.Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Location/Region: Covington, LA (US)