Ready for a challenge that will leverage your experience and keep you on the edge of cyber security? Come join our Parsons Federal team, supporting the National Cyber Programs Directorate, and enjoy a career with some of the best professionals in the market. The Network Security Specialist position will be in Arlington or Fairfax, Virginia.
- Perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources (e.g., network traffic logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection system logs, Domain Name System (DNS) logs) to identify possiblethreats to network security.
- Collect network intrusion artifacts (e.g., domains, Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs),certificates, etc.) and use discovered data to enable mitigation of potential CND hunts andincidents.
- Analyze identified malicious network activity to determine weaknesses exploited,exploitation methods, effects on system and information.
- Identify and document network based tactics, techniques, and procedures used by an attacker to gain unauthorized system access.
- Track and document CND incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
- Perform real-time CND Incident Handling (i.e. forensic collections, intrusion correlation and tracking, threat analysis, and direct system remediation) tasks to support deployable incident response teams.
- Create and disseminate technical reports in response to conducted analysis.Write and publish CND guidance and reports (e.g. engagement reports) on incident findings to appropriate constituencies.
- Assist with developing and maintaining SOPs.
- Participate in inter-agency sponsored community of interest analysis groups, participate in technical briefings and exchanges.
- Serve as technical expert and liaison to leadership, NCCIC, the IC, and law enforcement personnel explaining incident details as required.
- Manual review network device configurations for suspicious configurations or signs of compromise.
- Assess network topology and device configurations identifying critical security concerns and providing security best practice recommendations.
- Collect network device integrity data, utilizing specialized tools, to detect unauthorized access (login access, configuration changes, interface changes, physical access, unscheduled reboots, blocked attempts, downgraded encryption, etc.).
- Collect network device integrity data, utilizing specialized tools, to detect software modifications (file verification, online/offline hash, published hashed, memory verification,firmware verification, rootkit detection).
- Collect network device integrity data, utilizing specialized tools, to detect hardware modifications (operating statistics, network traffic analysis).Support network device integrity analysis on multi-vendor products (e.g. Cisco, Juniper, HP,Dell, etc.).
- Divert/deploy teams of contractor resources to provide on-site support and assistance in thee vent of an exercise or cyber incident.
For the first level, a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and a minimum of 2 years related technical experience.
Basic working knowledge of networking concepts, protocols and architectures (OSI-model, TCP/IP, major application protocols, LAN and WANs, VPNs, routers and routing, addressing).
The ability to support shift work.
Ability to produce results in a fast-paced environment.Active Top-Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility.
In addition, the selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
For the second level, a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and a minimum of 5 years related technical experience.
Basic working knowledge of security concepts, protocols, processes, architectures and tools (e.g., authentication and access control technologies, intrusion detection, network traffic analysis, SIM technology, incident handling, media/malware analysis).
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required due to government or federal requirement.
U.S. citizens ONLY due to government or federal requirement.
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of technical services. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Location/Region: Arlington, VA