The Yiddish Book Center is seeking a Program Manager for 40th Anniversary Initiatives. This individual will work with the Executive Director, Project Director and other staff in organizing and implementing programs for the Center’s 40th anniversary in 2020. The Yiddish Book Center offers meaningful and challenging positions, a warm, friendly atmosphere, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits. This is a two-year position with longer-term possible dependent on funding.
- Assist in outreach to develop partnerships with organizations across the country
- Manage public program logistics for anniversary programs both on and off-site including contracts and travel arrangements
- Serve on team developing web presence for 40th anniversary programs
- Oversee logistics and coordination for program of grants to public libraries across the country including application process, awards, and ongoing support for grantees
- Manage program budgets
- Provide logistical support and coordination for the development of a new on-site exhibition
- Assist in outreach and marketing for a new traveling exhibit
The ideal candidate for the position will have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years related experience in program coordination
- BA required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize among multiple responsibilities
- Professional, good sense of humor, friendly telephone manner
- Flexibility and ability to work as a team member
- Solid computer skills
- Knowledge of Yiddish and Jewish culture a plus
- Some weekend, evening and travel required.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to:
. No phone calls please.