Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
- Respond to and initiate care for medical emergencies throughout the facility
- Identify patient health problems and prescribes treatment under direction of a physician
- Implement medical care utilizing therapeutic regimens approved by a physician
- Provide education to patient, healthcare and correctional staff
- Document all healthcare contacts
- Adhere to safety and security policies and participate in disaster drills
- Follow security regulations for keys, sharps, and controlled medications
- Delegate to and supervise other team members as appropriate
- Adhere to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices
- Graduate of an accredited college/university nurse practitioner program with current certification /licensure in the state of employment.
- Maintains an active CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification.
- Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
- Corizon Health Nurse Practitioners utilize the medical model to meet a variety of healthcare needs with an ambulatory care as their primary focus. Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants work with a variety of healthcare professionals and security officers in a correctional environment.
Benefits for you: Opportunities for growth and advancement, Paid time off, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Tuition assistance, 401(K) with company match, free online Continuing Education program, and Comprehensive onboarding.
Background check, security clearance, and drug screening required.
Location/Region: Halethorpe, MD