Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States. We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry. Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
The Quality Service Excellence Specialist supports the Sr. Director, Quality Improvement and Patient Safety, along with other Quality Improvement and Patient Safety team members.
Perform general administrative office assignments, complaints/grievances/compliments record keeping and functions as a communications link to and within field healthcare units and health care support team as appropriate.
- Assist the Sr. Director, Quality Improvement and Patient Safety and other QIPS departmental employees with various clerical and administrative tasks and projects.
- Manage and organize complaints, grievances and compliments submitted into the patient safety and quality web based reporting system.
- Ensure all required information is submitted with each complaint
- Distribute reported items to the appropriate service units for investigation and follow up.
- Communicate with multiple service units within the organization to determine necessary course of actions regarding submitted events.
- Coordinate and track submission and due dates with field leadership staff members regarding submitted events.
- Manage, update and maintain the electronic tracking reports regarding complaints, grievances, and compliments.
- Review incoming quality service excellence emails and e-faxes and response as necessary.
- Follow up on past due quality improvement plan and submit reports to Quality Service Excellence Coordinator.
- Run monthly, quarterly, annual reports with submission to QSE Coordinator and Sr. Director QIPS as necessary.
- Obtain Release of Information from patients or site leadership as necessary
- Distribute Formal Resolution Response Forms to appropriate parties as requested by QSE Coordinator or designee.
- Assist with patient safety or quality improvement issues, concerns, or assignments.
- Schedule meetings, appointments and work assignments to meet or exceed deadlines.
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate respect, concern and courtesy in all interpersonal communications.
- Maintain skills and continue professional development to enhance the operations and image of the organization.
- Provide coverage for Quality and Patient Safety Administrative Specialist as necessary (PTO, time off, vacation)
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience Level: 3 years of administrative experience. Experience in healthcare a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Tools and Technology: Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and Access; internet research skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to multi-task high priority projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal, written communication skills. Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to management, clients and other employees of the organization
Location/Region: Nashville, TN