University of Massachusetts Amherst
Childhood Director Center for Early Education and Care
The Center for Early Education and Care (CEEC) at the University of Massachusetts Amherst invites applicants for the position of Early Childhood Director. Under the general direction of the Senior Associate Dean of Students, the Director administers the Center for Early Education and Care (CEEC) to ensure high quality, cost-effective early education and care services for the campus community which also serves as an academic training and research site. Directs administrative and teaching staff in providing high quality early education and care services according to CEEC guidelines, state licensing regulations and standards, and national accreditation criteria. Oversees long and short range planning of program and staff development, budget revenues and expenditures, enrollment management, maintenance and renovation of facilities, parent programming, and research in the program. Serves as liaison to University agencies.
• Master's degree in Early Childhood or Human Services Administration.
• Six years progressively responsible experience in early childhood or human services administration to include extensive experience in personnel supervision, fiscal responsibility, and work/life issues.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and to handle multiple tasks.
• Able to meet Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) Infant/Toddler and Preschool Lead Teacher and Director II qualifications.
• Must hold current First Aid certification at date of hire. Duties involve lifting toddler and
• preschool aged children and objects up to 40 pounds. Duties involve some evening and weekend hours. Proficiency in word processing and business communications.
• Database and spreadsheet experience preferred.
• Experience in campus child care settings and ethnically diverse populations, and/or bilingual fluency preferred.
For information about the University's benefits, go to: http://www. umass.edu/humres/benefits-0
The University of Massachusetts Amherst is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected groups of members.