Full-time, 35 hours per week, year round position, grade 18, salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
As a key member of the Leadership Giving team, the Development Assistant provides administrative support to the Executive Director of Development and Campaign Director, the Senior Development Officer for Parent Giving and a Development Officer. Other responsibilities include the maintenance of prospect records, the preparation of standard and special reports, coordination of information between the Leadership team and the Executive Director, and budget management. The Development Assistant takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
- Maintain close knowledge and understanding of gift officer's prospect lists in order to provide information on donors and donor prospects
- With the understanding of how gifts are processed, expedite requests and inquiries from College staff and faculty, trustees, alumni, parents, friends and key volunteers as needed
- Proactively manage and maintain gift officers' prospect lists including tracking and updating progress levels (in partnership with Research colleagues) and solicitation pipeline information, and entering contacts and other information including trip reports and events into the Advancement database
- Request donor updates from the Advancement Research team.
- Support the Executive Director of Development and Campaign Director, Senior Development Officer for Parent Giving, and Development Officer; request donor updates and coordinate work with research team to seamlessly provide updated information on prospects
- Support all aspects of gift officer's travel including making/verifying flights, hotel and car reservations, and processing paperwork regarding tax credits
- Complete expense reports
- Support the management of the budget (for Development)
- Prepare materials for department head, trustees, etc. and letters
- Coordinate interviews, appointments, visits on and off campus, conference calls, and campaign related meetings
- Develop and run standard and specialized queries via ARI, Excel, and Access
- Send email broadcasts as required for webinars and invitations
- Provide coordination support for on and off campus events including the preparation of presidential briefings
- Bachelor's degree or 5 years of administrative experience in lieu of degree
- 3 years of related experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong technical skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Demonstrated experience using the Internet and databases such as Access.
- Ability to learn new software programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication, time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Able to manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and collaboratively
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (e-mail and/or telephone number) for three professional references. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
Amherst College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities to apply. The College is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff.
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college's community is composed of about1,800 students from 49 states, plus D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college's scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum, Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst a great place to work, learn and live!