Frost Cafe Supervisor
Full-time, 40 hours per week, academic year position (10 months), grade 16, $16.00 per hour
Reporting to the Manager of Dining Services & Retail Operations, the Frost Cafe Supervisor supports the efforts of Amherst College Dining Services by providing the campus community with quality products and excellent service. Manages operations, menu and preparation, and student and casual staff as well as ensures standards for menu preparation, service and sanitation are being met.
Takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Operations at Frost Cafe
- Provide counter service
- Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation including cleaning and sanitizing all equipment,
- sweeping, moping, table wiping, trash and recycling removal, and adhering to established standards
- Daily reconciling of cash
- Prepare menu items including beverages
- Prepares monthly inventories, fills out weekly purchasing requests, receives incoming orders and properly stores and rotates all stock
- Hire, develop and supervise student staff and casual employee
- Utilize the web-based time and attendance system for payroll purposes
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Allergen Awareness Certified as required by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or be able to achieve within six months of employment
- 1 - 3 years of supervisory experience in a fast food environment or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, customer service, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to taste and work with any and all ingredients used
- Attention to detail
- Basic computer skills
- ServSafe Certification or be able to achieve within six months of employment
- 3 or more year of supervising experience in a restaurant setting
Environmental and Physical Demands
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs.
- Constant/repetitive motions including fingers, arms, knees, hands and wrists
- Bending, squatting and stooping, reaching outward and above head, constant walking and standing, and ascending/descending stairs
- Close visual concentration with manual dexterity including the ability to perceive color, contrast, and depth as well as the ability to taste and work with any and all ingredients used
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (e-mail and/or telephone number) for three professional references, or complete the online application. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
Amherst College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities to apply. The College is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff.
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college's community is composed of about1,800 students from 49 states, plus D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college's scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum, Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst a great place to work, learn and live!