Director of Storrowton Village Museum
Oversee all activities, staffing and volunteers of Storrowton Village Museum and Gift Shops. Responsible for managing the financial aspects of the more than $400,000 annual operating budget. The Director is a member of the Senior Staff team and is responsible for input in company-wide issues and programming.Position Responsibilities
- Develop and manage all educational programs, group tours and special events.
- Design and implement new interpretive programs for school and community audiences.
- Oversee management of the Village Gift Shop, wedding program and administrative office.
- Supervise all employees, interns, lead interpreters and camp directors.
- Supervise the volunteer program (including all historic trades).
- Define Village goals and implement strategies for the Village.
- Develop annual capital and operational budgets for the Village.
- Assess and monitor security of buildings and exhibits.
- Act as liaison for outside contractors (heating, security, performers).
- Monitor and maintain all curatorial storage areas and collections.
- Maintain program, curatorial and reference files and records.
- Maintain costume inventory and fulfill costume needs for specific programs.
- Design and produce historical exhibits.
- Responsible for coordinating and supervising approximately 150 volunteers during the Annual Fair and during the course of the year.
- Administer and maintain a reference library which includes over 1000 period and modern volumes related to museums, historic trades, family and lifestyles.
- Write, edit and revise training packets for all existing and new interpretive museum programs and events. Produce a quarterly newsletter.
- Assess and monitor the historic structures within Storrowton Village and coordinate maintenance and restoration.
- Establish and schedule cleaning of all historic structures and collections.
- Active historical engagement a plus.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Application deadline: March 30, 2017.