The University of Massachusetts/Amherst invites applications for Assistant Manager, Dining Commons (two positons). These positions are responsible for assisting in the overall management of the dining commons. Under the supervision of the Dining Commons Manager, these positions are responsible for assisting in the overall management of the dining commons including supervision of food preparation and service, assisting the Chef in estimating and ordering all food, conducting the Culinary Planning Meetings, interacting with customers and assisting and supporting the Dining Commons Manager in personnel matters. Position may require working weekends and evening hours.
1. Bachelor's degree (Culinary Program diploma from a recognized institution may be considered) and 2-3 years progressive supervisory experience in a hospitality setting.
2. ServSafe Certification required (must be obtained within 3 months of hire).
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel; familiarity with the Internet/Intranet.
4. Reliable transportation required as well as a valid driver's license.
5. The position requires varying degrees of manual dexterity involving eye and hand coordination, color vision and manipulative ability. Must be able to deal with stress. Willingness to work in one place with some travel requirements.
6. Willingness to work beyond the average 37.5 hour week; working evenings, weekends, holidays required.
Professional Salary Administration Level: 26
http:///www.umass.edu/humres/sites/default/files/2015 PSU Salary Schedule.pdf
On campus applicants are defined as Amherst campus non-student employees.
The University of Massachusetts Amherst is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members.
Include letter of application, resume and the names, titles, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. The priority deadline is May 22, 2017. The position will remain open until position is filled.