Keene State College’s Department of Campus Safety is looking for individuals who possess good judgment, discretion, and excellent interpersonal skills, to perform a variety of safety, enforcement, and crime prevention tasks for the College as a Campus Safety Officer. The Campus Safety Officer assists in creating and sustaining a safe learning, working and living environment for our campus community. Candidates with investigative experience in a police department, university or college, or experience with other investigations are highly sought for 1 of the full-time positions. The full-time benefited positions are complemented by a generous benefits package. The department is also filling part-time non-benefited positions. All positions have a starting salary range $14.69-$16.62, commensurate with experience and training.
Responsibilities include: foot and vehicle patrol, response to emergencies and calls for service to College students, faculty, staff and visitors, documentation and investigation of campus incidents, periodically with Keene Police Department; conduct property checks, dispatch services, traffic and parking enforcement, providing crime awareness education, and participating in witness and conduct hearings as needed. Because of the nature of the work in Campus Safety, officer schedules include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays (10 hour shifts) as determined by the needs of the College.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of hiring
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year of campus safety or security experience or combination of post-high school education and/or work experience
- Possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficient with the ability to learn various computer applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of campus environment and/or security industry, relevant laws, and safety and fire prevention
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving history
- Must obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid certification
- Must be willing to attend periodic training and meetings and work overtime
- Must successfully pass a background review, including criminal history and driving history
- Post-offer, pre-employment physical
- Successful applicants will be required to attend a 6-day live-in campus safety academy within the first year of hire (full-time benefited positions only)
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Preference will be given to candidates with in depth investigation experience of code violations and minor criminal incidents (full-time benefited positions only)
- Ability to write thorough reports
- Ability to respond quickly to emergencies
- Ability to work under pressure
- Completion of the police academy
- Additionally, the College has identified desirable qualifications that support our commitment to creating and maintaining a diverse campus community including the ability to speak a second language or to bring a multicultural perspective to the campus.
Application: Full-time Benefited Position: Apply online at http://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/26080 Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled or otherwise closed at the College’s discretion; for full consideration, please submit all materials by May 12, 2017.
Application: Part-time Non-Benefited Position: Apply online at http://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/26125 Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled or otherwise closed at the College’s discretion.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following documents when applying online:
- Letter of application addressing the above responsibilities
- Contact information for three references
Keene State College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is engaged in an effort to build a community that reflects the diversity of society. The College prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. For the full-time benefited positions wewill recognize internal candidate status for those active status employees who have completed the introductory period and (2) adjunct staff members who have been employed within USNH for at least 12 months in total and who have worked at least 1,000 hours during the 12 month period preceding the application for the position. Student employment does not apply toward internal status eligibility.