Springfield College seeks applications for the position of Admissions Counselor for Undergraduate Admissions. Springfield College boasts top-notch facilities that combine function with artistry, while maintaining the historic beauty of the campus. Centrally located in picturesque New England, and situated on the shores of Lake Massasoit, Springfield College’s mission is to educate the whole person in spirit, mind, and body for leadership in service to others.
- Assisting in the recruiting of undergraduate candidates through school visitations, college nights, college fairs and speaking on behalf Springfield College when necessary
- Coordination of the recruitment of candidates as required within the annual efforts of the Admissions Office
- Manage an assigned recruitment territory, including the cultivation and maintenance of positive relationships with students, parents, and school counselors
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of undergraduate candidates for admission
- Conduct personal interviews and perform educational counseling of prospective students
- Perform other duties as required and/or requested by supervisor
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years related experience; or the equivalent in combined education and experience
- A valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in various computer software programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills essential
- Knowledge of secondary schools and their curricula
- Knowledge of tests and test interpretations
- Familiarity with College’s admissions policies and procedures
The selected candidate must pass a background check including references and education.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references as one document attached.
Springfield College is committed to enhancing diversity and
equality in education and employment.