Waste and Recycling Collector
Springfield College invites applications for the position of Waste and Recycling Collector. Springfield College is located in picturesque New England and is situated on the shores of Lake Massasoit. Centrally located to a variety of attractions, restaurants, and entertainment venues, there’s always something to do. Springfield College boasts top-notch facilities that combine function with artistry, while maintaining the historic beauty of the campus.
- Maintain a clean campus by collecting, sorting, and disposing of trash, waste, refuse, and recycling campus wide to include but not limited to building collection sites, outdoor containers, special events, residential properties, and other collections.
- Sort and dump waste and recycling into the appropriate containers and operate associated compressing/collection equipment as required.
- Manage waste and recycling levels through scheduling of removal/pick-up with contracted vendors.
- Occasionally perform landscaping, mowing and turf, garden, tree maintenance as part of the Grounds Department.
- Perform all grounds related tasks including but not limited to: raking, weeding, sweeping, shoveling, and plowing.
- Support the activities of the Grounds Department to ensure efficient maintenance of campus grounds and facilities.
- Operate hand and power equipment related to Grounds and general maintenance.
- Perform seasonal tasks as needed, including leaf pick-up, shoveling, clearing snow and ice from walks, stairs, and pathways.
- Available for emergencies and “off-hour” work as needed.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- An understanding of various outdoor/grounds trades.
- Ability to use standard machines, step ladders and lifting equipment.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job including but not limited to walking around campus, climbing stairs, ladders, scaffolds or platforms, lifting/carrying heavy objects and working in confined spaces.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Interested applicants may please send a letter of intent, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references as one document attached
Springfield College is committed to enhancing diversity and equality in education and employment.