Coordinator of Student Research
Springfield College invites applications for a Coordinator of Student Research within the Office of Academic Affairs. The Coordinator position is a full-time, 12-month, administrative position reporting to the Associate Vice-President for Academic Affairs. Founded in 1885, Springfield College is a private, coeducational institution offering undergraduate and graduate programs that reflect its distinctive Humanics philosophy – the education of the whole person in spirit, mind, and body for leadership in service to humanity. For more information, please visit the college homepage at
- Provide direct support to the Institutional Review Board, providing initial review and recommended action for the nearly 400 IRB applications submitted annually.
- Provide administrative support to the IRB chair and committee and manage all IRB-related communications.
- Serve as the final format reviewer for master’s theses and doctoral dissertations.
- Serve as the institutional contact for the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) and provide administrative coordination and support for the College’s annual celebration of undergraduate research-Scholars in Action Day.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study with one to two years of research related experience. Excellent computer skills are required.
- Exceptional communication skills required to successfully interact with students, administrators, faculty, and staff at all levels in a congenial, professional manner.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in higher education.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume and names and contact information for 3-5 professional references as one document attached through the apply method via this website.
Springfield College is committed to enhancing diversity and equality in education and employment.