The Daily Hampshire Gazette is seeking an Advertising Director with high energy, proven success in driving revenue, and a passion for the media business to fill a position in beautiful Western Massachusetts.
The Advertising Director will have over 20 direct reports across the sales, graphics and service departments. You will be responsible for growing revenue in the areas of digital, niche, print and events. You will report directly to the Publisher.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a seasoned leader with the ability to motivate, educate, and guide a sales team with a variety of levels of experience.
- Have the ability to develop and execute sales plans to achieve digital, print, niche, and event revenue goals.
- Have the capacity to analyze market conditions and develop sales strategies to achieve revenue targets.
- Have the collaborative spirit to work with the news organization's management team to achieve company goals.
- Be familiar with the Newspaper world.
Other qualifications include:
- A bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, business administration or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of successful advertising management experience.
- Experience budgeting and goal setting.
- Knowledge of forecasting tools.
- Experience using a CRM system.
Compensation includes a base salary commensurate with experience and a performance-based bonus opportunity. We offer excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, 401K and more. The Daily Hampshire Gazette is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce.
The Daily Hampshire Gazette is a Newspapers of New England media company based in Northampton, MA. One of the oldest newspapers in the country, the Gazette has a long history of award winning journalism and community leadership. If you are interested in joining a quality news organization please submit a cover letter and resume.