Media Services Technician
Springfield College invites applications for a Media Services Technician for the Information Technology Services Department. Founded in 1885, Springfield College is a private, coeducational institution offering undergraduate and graduate programs that reflect its distinctive Humanics philosophy, the education of the whole person in spirit, mind, and body for leadership in service to others.
- Providing a wide range of hands-on technical assistance in the operation of event management, multimedia and distance education equipment, including resolving connectivity issues, troubleshooting audio visual equipment, and working with large group events.
- The incumbent provides customer service to diverse groups including students, faculty, vendors and the general public with different levels of technology skills; provides training to instructors, staff and student workers in the proper use of various types of instructional media equipment; oversees video equipment storage and security.
- Participates in event set-up/tear down and is present at events to monitor equipment ensuring things work properly during the event; performs maintenance of cleaning of rooms, podiums and equipment.
- Associate’s degree in a media related field or equivalent reference able experience with two years’ experience in a related field is required.
- Knowledge of current computer hardware, operating systems, client/server and network technologies or certifications in A+, Net+, Microsoft related, CTS, Extron, Creston, AMX related certifications, Polycom or Cisco certifications for videoconferencing or completion of PCC multi-media program.
- Ability to load, unload and move equipment using carts and hand trucks.
- This position will occasionally require a flexible work schedule working non-traditional hours.
Please send letter of interest and resume as one document attached and directed to Human Resources.
Springfield College is committed to enhancing diversity and equality in education and employment.