Position Summary & Essential Duties:Are you looking for an opportunity where you can positively impact the patient experience? Are you passionate about cutting-edge and innovative digital experiences that are disrupting industries? We're on the hunt for a UI/UX designer to join our Multichannel Marketing team that will help us create the next generation of digital healthcare experiences.
Our goal is simple; provide our users with extremely well-crafted, engaging and intuitive digital experiences that will ultimately help redefine the way people experience healthcare. As a Digital Designer, you'll play a key role on a highly collaborative team who are taking complex business opportunities and transforming them into effective consumer-facing experiences. You'll be involved in every aspect of the design process, from UX strategy and prototyping to the creation of pixel-perfect final designs (let's be honest... when you love design, details matter).CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design of digital web properties including the website, emails, display banners and landing pages with an emphasis on providing an exceptional user experience including agility through responsive and user-centered design
- A true consumer advocate that always finds solutions to simplify complex experiences
- Design and build marketing email campaigns with HTML
- Creatively execute projects from concept to wireframes to finished designs
- Create compelling interactive experiences for web designs including desktop, mobile, tablet, email, and social media
- Ensure digital and visual designs adhere to project requirements, objectives, and timelines upholding brand standards across all projects
- Partner closely with project managers in terms of meeting goals and deadlines necessary for timely delivery of projects and creative assets
- Assist in developing and maintaining the creative look and feel for all cross channel concepts
- Provide creative design on uhhospitals.org functionality and content creation including site pages, emails, and other creative and marketing initiatives
- Identify gaps in current communications and offer recommendations to fill in with new content
- Remain current on emerging trends in advertising, digital designs, 360 marketing and bring 'state of the art' innovations to University Hospitals
- Train and mentor team members as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
*This role may encounter Protected Health Information (PHI) as part of regular responsibilities. UH employees must abide by all requirements to safely and securely maintain PHI for our patients. Annual training, the UH Code of Conduct and UH policies and procedures are in place to address appropriate use of PHI in the workplace.Education:* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Industrial Design, New Media, or similar degree, required.Experience & Knowledge:* Minimum 5 years of related work experience required* Working knowledge of Java Script, HTML5, CMS Systems, and other coding applications strongly preferred* Conceptual thinking and hands-on design skills required* Strong ability to prioritize tasks and work both independently and as part of a team rquired* Superior knowledge and skills with Adobe CC Suite, Sketch and Axure; knowledge of Video a plus * Must have exceptional understanding of graphic and functional aspects of Web design and ability to execute * Must be detail oriented, efficient, organized, self-starter, highly productive and collaborative approach to work * Experience with social media strategy and implementation across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube required * Knowledge of typography, color, usability, layout, production and other design principles a plus * Familiarity with ADA and its impact on web design* Strong portfolio showing a variety of work required* Internships or freelance work in healthcare or related industry a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Location/Region: Cleveland, OH (US - 44118)