Part-Time, 20 hours per week, year round casual position, $19.00 per hour
Under the leadership of the Associate Director, the Event and Programming Coordinator is responsible for coordinating career exploration events, programs, and immersive learning opportunities for the Loeb Center. The Coordinator also assists the Loeb Center with administrative support, including outreach to students and stakeholders (i.e. alumni, employers, parents, campus partners, etc.).
This position will take appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Events and Programming
- Manage the Loeb Center's in-house event management system (ARI)
- Coordinate Loeb Center workshops and employer relation events, including managing room reservations, presenter needs, travel arrangements, collateral materials, refreshments, and technology
- Provide support for Loeb Center career treks, including assisting with travel arrangements, hotel/dining needs, site visits, outreach to alumni and students, etc.
- Communicate Loeb Center events, recruitment activities, and career services information on Amherst College calendars
- Provide programming and event reports for the team
- Assist with outreach activities that support Loeb Center programs and projects (e.g. calls or emails)
- Enter data in various systems (e.g. Symplicity, Access, Colleague, Google) and create/update Excel spreadsheets and Word documents
- Assist with receptionist duties, as needed
- 1 year of related experience
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple, concurrent tasks/activities with demanding timeframes
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, problem solving, organizational, and customer service skills
- Proficient in MS Office programs and the ability to learn new software programs
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Experience with an electronic record-keeping system
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (e-mail and/or telephone number) for three professional references, or complete the online application. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
ABOUT AMHERST COLLEGE
Amherst College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities to apply. The College is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff.
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college's community is composed of about1,800 students from 48 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college's scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm ; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum , Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum ; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst the perfect place to work, learn and live!