Springfield College invites applications for a full-time, 10-month Career Counselor position in the Career Center. Founded in 1885, Springfield College is a private, coeducational institution offering undergraduate and graduate programs that reflect its distinctive Humanics philosophy, the education of the whole person in spirit, mind, and body for leadership in service to others.
- Reporting directly to the Director, this position will assist the Career Center with facilitating career development initiatives and services to undergraduate and graduate students, and alumni through appointments, drop-ins, workshops, and other programming, and assist with employer outreach efforts as needed.
- Provide comprehensive career counseling and services on a wide array of career-related topics including resume writing, cover letters, job search strategies, interviewing skills, engaged learning opportunities, networking, and graduate school advising.
- Plan, schedule, and deliver presentations on career development topics; train students on the use of career software; and develop and implement effective ways to promote and market Career Center programs and services to students, employers, alumni, and faculty.
- A Master’s degree in student personnel administration, higher education, or a related field. Knowledge of career development theories, assessment tools, and Symplicity Career Services Management system, Career Shift, Interviewstream, and other career-related software programs.
- Familiarity with employment trends, career-related literature and periodicals, and informational resources.
- Experience in providing programming and counseling with diverse populations.
- Strong organizational and technical skills.
- Experience working in a collaborative team-oriented setting.
Interested applicants should please submit a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references as one document attached.
Springfield College is committed to enhancing diversity and equality in education and employment.