Web and Media Specialist
Springfield College invites applications for the position of Web and Media Specialist. Working as an integral part of the communications team and reporting to the Associate Director of Strategic Web Communications, the Web and Media Specialist will serve as a major content developer for the Springfield College website, social media, email communications, and other digital-based needs. This includes, but is not limited to, writing, editing, Web design and layout, video development, video editing, and photography.
Utilizing the College’s content management system, the Web and Media Specialist is responsible for the creation of new content and the coordination and editing of content - written, videography, and photography - updates on the College’s Web and social media sites. The Web and Media Specialist will work closely with members of the campus community and Web team to develop stories and create innovative and intriguing digital content to be used in the marketing efforts of the College. The individual will be responsible to being proactive in seeking out stories, meeting with clients, and creating visual elements through video and photography that aid in telling the Springfield College story from a variety of viewpoints.
This individual will be responsible for maintaining and growing a social media presence for Springfield College and managing all social media communications across a variety of platforms. The individual also is responsible for social listening, actively responding to social media inquiries, and remaining up-to-date on best practices for social media. The individual will manage the social media editorial calendar, and serving as a liaison for constituents across campus to ask social media questions, establish their office or departmental profiles, and offer content suggestions.
The Web and Media Specialist will heavily contribute to the management of the College’s photography catalog utilizing the digital asset management system. The Web and Media Specialist will also contribute to content development for other marketing initiatives for the Colleges, including, but not limited to, print projects and various other initiatives.
- The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, journalism, public relations, news media or a related field, with a minimum of two years professional experience, and will have a track record of digital and print writing and publication.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, social media platforms, computer and related software, and desktop publishing applications is necessary.
- Photography and videography experience are required.
- Experience with content management systems, such as WordPress or Drupal, a plus
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter, independent thinker, has excellent communication skills, and constantly strives for excellence.
Please send a letter of application, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references as one document attached.
Springfield College is committed to enhancing diversity
and equality in education and employment.