Springfield College invites applications for the position of Police Officer, reporting directly to the Department of Public Safety. The Springfield College Department of Public Safety is a full-service police agency that serves the College Community and operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Officers perform a full range of police duties, which include but are not limited to:
- Prevention and detection
- Search and Seizure
- Traffic enforcement
- Crash investigation
- Maintaining public order
Patrols will be conducted by cruiser, foot and bicycle of all campus areas and surrounding jurisdiction. Must be able to exercise good judgment and discretion in dealing with violators of laws and College regulations and be willing to work special assignments and be on call in time of emergency or special events. The shift will be determined by the needs of the department.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice.
- A successful completion of an approved full-time Massachusetts police academy, including MPTC, SSPO, and Reserve Intermittent training or ability to obtain Special State Police Officer licensure in accordance with requirements set forth by the Massachusetts State Police.
- Must obtain a Massachusetts License to Carry Firearms – Class A Large Capacity permit in accordance with Massachusetts General Law Chapter 140, Section 131.
- Must be able to read and speak English.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Pass a background check and psychological exam.
To be considered, please submit a letter of application and resume as one document attached.
Springfield College is committed to enhancing diversity and equality in education and employment.