Assistant Director of Field Education
The Springfield College School of Social Work (SCSSW), a leader in MSW graduate education in New England and surrounding areas, invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Field Education. This is a twelve month administrative/professional position. Founded in 1885, Springfield College is a private, coeducational institution offering undergraduate and graduate programs that reflect its distinctive Humanics philosophy, the education of the whole person in spirit, mind, and body for leadership in service to others. SCSSW has been continuously accredited by the Council on Social Work Education since 1989.
- Reporting directly to the Assistant Dean of Field Education, this position is responsible for assisting with the administrative functioning of field education.
- Developing new and maintaining current field practicum agency sites for designated areas in New England and New York.
- Identifying qualified, committed field supervisors to supervise graduate social work interns in an advanced generalist program; placing graduate students in agencies; working together with faculty members, field supervisors and students to resolve problems; and serving as faculty advisor to a cohort of students.
- The Assistant Director of Field Education works to support the administration of the field education program and assists with the preparation of reports and manuals.
- Successful candidates must have an MSW with five years of post-MSW practice experience, a professional license, and demonstrated experience with field practicum student supervision in a graduate social work program.
- The ability to work with multicultural student populations, young students, and adult learners is essential.
- An established record of social work agency contacts; demonstrated organization and administration abilities; and an understanding of field education opportunities and challenges within the context of graduate level advanced generalist social work education.
- Ability to pass the background check.
- The position requires some weekend hours.
Please send a letter of application, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references as document attached.
Springfield College is an equal opportunity employer committed to enhancing diversity and equality in education and employment.