Administrative Assistant – Math/Physics/Computer Science
Springfield College invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant for the Math/Physics/Computer Science Department. This is a full-time, 10-month position reporting to the Chair of the Department. Founded in 1885, Springfield College is a private, coeducational institution offering undergraduate and graduate programs that reflect its distinctive Humanics philosophy, the education of the whole person in spirit, mind, and body for leadership in service to others.
- Clerical and administrative support for the Chair and faculty in the department.
- Organize and maintain department records.
- Manage department budget, order supplies, draft and prepare a variety of correspondence, reports, memos, and other similar material.
- Answer telephones and greet and serve as a liaison for visitors to the office.
- Supervise student assistants.
- Coordinate department promotional materials with the Communications office and maintain mailing lists and perform other tasks as required or requested by the supervisor.
- Knowledge equivalent to that gained through completion of a high school diploma and a minimum of four years directly related, progressively responsible experience; or the equivalent in combined education and experience.
- Proficiency working in a Windows based environment.
- Essential skills include the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive, mature manner.
Please send letter of application, resume, and names and contact information of three professional references as one document attached and directed to HR.
Springfield College is an equal opportunity employer committed to enhancing diversity and equality in education and employment.