Under the direct supervision of the Connecting Point Executive Producer, the Reporter/Producer/Videographer/Editor (RPVE) will be responsible for the production of journalistic content for a daily news magazine program.The types of content produced will be a mixture of hard news, politics, public affairs, and features (arts & entertainment, human interest, etc.). You will be required to create additional content specifically for specials, the website, radio, social media and perhaps for news partners and their platforms. You may also substitute host, moderate or report live for local productions.
This position requires strong television reporting, producing, shooting and editing experience. Must be able to work independently on assigned stories and deliver a complete finished product.
- Work with the Executive Producer, Host and other staff regarding the overall planning of content and story generation.
- Collaborate with colleagues at WGBH News in Boston and other media partners on shared stories with both East and West appeal.
- Minimum of three years as a producer/journalist for broadcast television (radio & print a plus).
- Must have a strong news sense, investigative reporting skills, and track record of generating original, captivating and newsworthy stories.
- Must possess the ability to shoot and edit video, and familiarity with the latest broadcast television equipment and video editing software.
- Full Job Description on WGBY.org