Working to promote Mass Humanities’ mission to use history, literature, philosophy, and the other humanities disciplines to enhance and improve civic life throughout the Commonwealth, the communications specialist’s primary goals include heightening awareness of the organization and programs, educating the public on the value of the humanities, and encouraging people to become more involved.
The communications specialist plays a key role in curating the “voice” of Mass Humanities. Working closely with Mass Humanities staff, the communications specialist will gather and disseminate the message and stories of the organization across platforms that include print and electronic newsletters, social media, email announcements, media releases, masshumanities.org, and others. This position reports to the Director of Development and Communications and is based in Northampton, MA.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Track record of strong professional relationships and collaboration skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for the humanities
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, journalism, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver)
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
Generous benefits including employer paid health insurance, life & disability insurance, and retirement. Some flex time negotiable.
To apply, read full description and complete online form below with required documents (letter of intent, resume, relevant writing sample, and design sample) and references. The deadline for applications is Monday, January 22, 2018
Location/Region: Northampton, MA (US - 01060)