First American Title Insurance Company’s National Commercial Services division provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, First American traces its history to 1889 and was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
At the direction of the NCS Florida State Manager, this position ensures that all title search and examinations for Florida commercial orders are competently, accurately and timely completed in accordance with Company guidelines and client expectations. This position requires a high output production individual to develop and lead a commercial production team, execute on all commercial title production initiatives, personally examine and underwrite a workload of customer orders (particularly complex files) as needed, and efficiently exploit existing customer resources and personnel to achieve the Florida production and national production needs of National Commercial Services.
Essential Job Performance Objectives - Leadership Goals:
• Selects, trains and develops exam staff to optimize competency levels and combination within the work team. This may include creating and conducting a training program for Commercial Real Estate Title Examiners, as well as creating a training manual for the training program.
• Constantly evaluates personnel staffing levels; to include monthly staffing reviews with NCS Florida State Manager and peer management partners.
• Gives clear direction to work team members about team goals, work priorities and individual responsibilities.
• Meets with all reports to discuss and negotiate annual goals for performance, outcomes and professional conduct with individual team members
• Ensures work is delegated appropriately to prioritize and balance workloads across NCS Florida production team to ensure on time delivery of title commitments/reports.
• Coaches, mentors or counsels work team members as necessary to develop skills, knowledge and techniques, including timely performance appraisals.
• Reviews and provides honest and constructive feedback on work team and individual performance and encourages a work environment in which employees feel able to admit to and learn from mistakes.
• Values the contribution of team members and encourages participation and collaboration within the work team to create a positive and productive work culture.
Essential Job Functions:
a) Timely respond to and satisfactorily resolve new title order priorities, resource conflicts, outside searcher engagements for title reports or commitment orders made by Owning offices throughout the division, NCS Florida customers, their attorneys or company agents.
b) Establish workflows, performance standards, etc. for all Florida production employees and monitor same. Motivates leads and mentors other Florida production employees to ensure high productivity levels.
c) Assists Underwriting Manager and other underwriting personnel with title comments requiring examiner knowledge, amend title requests, product consultations, etc. on commercial transactions.
d) Demonstrate power-user proficiency in FAST production and workflow technologies. Fully leverages NNC and NPS capabilities to generate cost-efficiencies for National Commercial Services.
e) Demonstrates fluent proficiency with NCS Florida's established paperless environment, paperless transaction folder organization, and file labeling protocols.
f) Serve as principle liaison for operations with NCS Florida State Manager with sister NCS offices for the efficient and timely delivery of title commitments/reports, creating and maintaining high-performance culture within the NCS Florida production team, and recommending and implementing changes in operational structure and personnel additions/reductions as business volumes dictate (including participation in recruiting efforts associated with same).
• Previous commercial title examination experience and underwriting required.
• Exceptional knowledge of commercial title examination practices in Florida; along with commensurate construction of title commitment requirement and exceptions in the most complex of transactions.
• Ability to abstract and compile data from public property records and the ability to work well with others are important in this position.
• Willingness to commit the time necessary to meet commercial customer/law firm agent demands
• Knowledge and comfort in making underwriting decisions
• Confidence and comfort working under pressure and with deadlines
• Must be motivated and a team player
• Proficient ability to evaluate, learn, and implement production systems and resources to ensure highest service levels in all facets of commercial title production within the FAST platform.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Superior customer service skills required.
• Must be able to work with various levels of personnel within the organization. Must be organized and results-driven.
• Fluency with available industry technology, including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, Outlook and First American's FAST enterprise platform or similar industry platform mandatory.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Orlando, FL