Are you looking for a great career opportunity in sales with the industry leader? Hear what employees have to say about working at POOLCORP
- Establishes relationships with customers by assisting walk-in and phone customers, representing the company in a professional manner.
- Processes, pulls and distributes customer products quickly and efficiently.
- Understands the needs of the customers and learns their buying habits and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions.
- Educates customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction.
- Provide product demos to qualified customers on request.
- Accurately performs data entry of sales orders to generate an invoice of products ordered to be picked up or delivered. Secures payment of invoice with proper funds or obtain credit authorization in accordance with company policy.
- Assists the customer in checking and loading merchandise purchased at the counter.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of vendor’s production and delivery schedules.
- Makes follow-up calls to potential and existing customers to solicit additional business.
- Handles questions and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Evaluates and determines disposition of warranty items handled at the counter, as prescribed by the manufacturer’s warranty policy and customer needs.
- Maintains neat, professional product displays, changing displays once monthly.
- Promotes monthly sales specials.
- Assists in receiving, shipping, and general warehouse duties.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1+ years related inside sales experience.
- The ability to move 100 pounds with a dolly.
- Strong counter "presence" and the ability to deal directly with customers for a large portion of the day.
- Strong customer-service attitude.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented personality.
- Good computer skills including MS Office programs.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment dealing with inventory, product allocations and customer issues.
- Familiarity with a related product line such as pool supplies, parts, chemicals or pool construction helpful.
POOLCORP is a drug-free company and an EOE M/F/V/D.
Location/Region: West Nyack, NY (US)