Manages the daily operations of multiple departments within pediatric imaging to ensure alignment with departmental and organizational objectives.
1. Assists with developing specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
2. Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction, and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment, payroll, and student engagements.
3. Develops and monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts and vendor relations. Determines and justifies needs for systems/equipment/supplies purchases, monitors usage, and oversees proper working order and/or stock supplies.
4. Assesses the quality of patient care delivered and coordinates patient care services with patients, staff, physicians, and other departments.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.Experience
Previous management experience in a pediatric/congenital echo lab preferred. Experience with high acuity, inpatient environment preferred.
Required Work Experience: 3 years of pediatric, imaging congenital heart defect and surgical repair at an accredited ICAEL institution required.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Imaging Technologist program. Bachelor's degree in Management, or related field.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Registered as a diagnostic medical sonographer PEDS, or diagnostic cardiac sonographer Peds -RDCS (Peds) by the American Registry for the Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or as a technologist (RT) by the American Registry of Radiogric Technologists (ARRT). State licensure.Organizational Profile:
Joe DiMaggio himself helped celebrate the opening of the first Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital back in 1992. Today, the freestanding Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital is one of the region's leading pediatric hospitals, offering a comprehensive scope of healthcare services and programs in a child-friendly atmosphere. A full-service, 226-bed hospital, we treat minor illnesses, trauma-related accidents and some of the most complex medical conditions.
Today, in its 25th year, the hospital now has the unique distinction of being the first – and only – pediatric hospital in the world to be designated as person-centered organization by Planetree. We are one of only four children’s hospitals in Florida that performs pediatric heart transplants, and one of just a handful worldwide offering extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
- Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Heart Institute, which has performed 21 pediatric transplant surgeries
- Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
- Cleft and Craniofacial Center
- Cystic Fibrosis, Pulmonary and Sleep Center
- Emergency Department and Trauma Center
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- General and Thoracic Surgery
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatric Hypertension and Nephrology
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- [U18] Sports Medicine Program for young athletes
- Outpatient services
- Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital has been named a Broward Family Favorite by Broward Family Life magazine as a Favorite Pediatric Hospital, and has been honored by US News & World Report as a Best Children’s Hospital for Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Orthopedics and Urology.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL