Part-time, 20 hours per week, year round casual position, no benefits, $13 per hour
The Office Assistant provides part time support to the two Faculty Diversity and Inclusion Officers (FDIO). As a member of OD&I team, the Office Assistant will provide general office support, assist with coordinating the efforts of the two FDIO, as well as organizing special workshops and events. The assistant takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
- Maintain office calendars
- Maintain FDIO calendars and schedules
- Correspond with FDIO project partners
- Organize and archive electronic and paper files
Project Planning and Management
- Track FDIO progress on multiple projects
- Help create and maintain a prospective faculty database
- Event planning and management
- Assist in creation of FDIO website
- Assist in creation of announcements and alerts for our digital display
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year related experience
- Demonstrated effectiveness in using administrative, planning, organizational, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent planning and time management skills including the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including electronic communication
- Commitment to supporting a diverse college community
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and collaboratively with the campus community
- Able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Associates degree
- Experience working on a college or university campus
- An understanding of the diverse communities and salient identities that the Office of Diversity & Inclusion serve
Interestedcandidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (e-mail and/or telephone number) for three professional references. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
ABOUT AMHERST COLLEGE
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college's community is composed of about1,800 students from 48 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college's scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm ; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum , Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum ; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst the perfect place to work, learn and live!
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Amherst College does not discriminate in admission, employment, or administration of its programs and activities on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity), age, disability, genetic information, military service, or any other characteristic or class protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Amherst College complies with all state and federal laws that prohibit discrimination, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Equal Pay Act and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. Inquiries should be addressed to the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer , Amherst College, P.O. Box 5000, Amherst, MA 01002-5000.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/mvj3sxc38pfvrqd9
Location/Region: Amherst, MA (US - 01002)