First American Home Buyers Protection offers a wide range of affordable home warranty products and services to home sellers and agents. A member of the First American Family of Companies (NYSE: FAF), First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit homewarranty.firstam.com.
- Respond to high call volume in a professional efficient manner.
- Authorize repair/replacement claims up to $1500.
- Interprets and evaluates contract language as it relates to qualifying a claim for coverage.
- Analyze claim facts and gather, review, research, and document necessary information in order to determine the best course of action.
- Partner with Contractor Relations, Sales Support and Claims Resolution in claim review and decision making for accurate claim closure.
- Process cash-settlement offers, contractor dispatch requests, enforce contractor pricing agreements, purchasing of parts and equipment, and communicate claim information to homeowners.
- Adhere to established department Methods & Procedures along with call center metrics and Quality Assurance standards.
- Place contract warnings and exclusions on systems and appliances to exclude further coverage on an item.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Fundamental understanding of Home Warranty polices
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Utilization of basic mathematical functions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows based programs
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically has 2-4 years of Customer Service or related experience.
- Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical, Appliance, Pool trade experience desirable.
- Home Warranty or Real Estate experience desirable.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Santa Rosa, CA