FIS Cleared Derivatives is a brand new, single technology, multi-asset, Post Trade Processing platform. In a first planned step, this new platform will be used to replace PTD existing solutions (GMI, Clearvision, Ubix and other related products).
To ensure a successful adoption of this new solution, a significant effort has been made to work on modeling the conversion of the PTD Customer base (100+ customers) from their legacy PTD solutions to FCD using a structured, controlled, tool and methodology based, scalable approach.
One of the results of this conversion preparation is the requirement to have a dedicated workstream linked to the bespoke development around the legacy solutions.
The flexibility of the GMI solution allowed indeed for multiple customizations: inbound, outbound interfaces, additional functional behavior…
A senior and experienced GMI Bespoke Development Lead is now required to define and contribute to the Conversion Program in the following aspects:
- Create a functional and technical map of the bespoke development among the FIS GMI customer base
- Identify opportunities to rationalize and optimize the bespoke development (new product features, standardize interfaces…) in collaboration with the Product management team.
- Define and prioritize solutions and processes to achieve a successful migration of the functionality covered by the bespoke development
To have direct responsibility on the following activities:
- Bespoke development map : to create and maintain a detailed functional and technical map of the bespoke development among the whole PTD customer base. This will involve working with customers and to collaborate closely with various internal teams (Ps, Product, development…)
- Identify opportunities to rationalize and optimize : based on the analysis of the bespoke map, to identify similar features solving similar issues which could be addressed by a standard development (product opportunity) and/or could use the same conversion pattern (to lower the conversion workload).
- Define solution and processes to migrate the functionality : to create a roadmap for the tools and methodology definition (incl. workload and budget) to facilitate the migration of the bespoke development to FCD.
Position also includes the following responsibilities:
- To serve as a liaison to FIS stakeholders and customers in regard to the migration related bespoke development questions/topics;
- To represent the Customer Conversion Program in various Technical Committees;
- 10+ years of GMI bespoke development experience preferably acquired through different roles with different customers
- Ability to understand/read/validate GMI bespoke development (RPG, RPGLE, CL/SQL AS/400)
- 10+ years of Financial Services industry knowledge from an operational perspective - expertise in Exchange Traded Derivatives and cOTC Middle and Back Office would be a plus;
- Extensive knowledge of GMI
- Outside of the box mindset - Ability to understand business imperative
- Good client (internal and external) communication skills
- College Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred
- 20% travel estimated (work at other SunGard offices and on client location for periods of time)
- Prior consulting experience a plus
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Chicago, IL