Nursing Faculty Full Time – Fundamental and Adult Health
Marian University seeks qualified applicants for the position of Full Time Nursing Faculty – Fundamental and Adult Health. Reporting to the Dean, Leighton School of Nursing (LSON), the position provides assigned clinical, laboratory and classroom instruction. In addition, this person must participate in LSON and college-wide meetings and functions and serve on LSON and college committees. This faculty member must support the overall philosophy and goals of the nursing program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in developing, planning, implementing, evaluating and modifying the total nursing curriculum.
- Collaborates with other faculty to ensure the design of nursing course reflects the philosophy, organizing framework, appropriate level objectives, and curriculum flow of the program. This includes selection of required textbooks in cooperation with other faculty and completing the textbook ordering process with the Marian University bookstore.
- Develop course syllabi and schedules each semester, submitting for duplication according to the SON guidelines.
- Establishes clinical groupings and rotations for students in collaboration with Academic Advisors.
- Provides or arranges for clinical orientation of new faculty, students, and clinical agencies.
- Monitors academic status of students enrolled in the course and provides academic counseling of students making unsatisfactory progress.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- A master’s degree in nursing is required with specialization appropriate to area of responsibility. Doctoral preparation preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the practice of nursing.
Located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation’s preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning, and ranks as one of US News & World Report’s top universities in the Midwest Region. Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university’s culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 15 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state’s first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University’s football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015. In 2016 and 2017, the women’s basketball team won back-to-back NAIA national championships. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 38 national titles.
Marian University offers an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance and full Marian University undergraduate tuition benefits for employees and their family. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Required materials include: letter of application, current CV with evidence of outstanding teaching and professional activities, names and contact information of three professional references. Only complete applicant packets submitted will be considered. Marian University is an EOE and is committed to diversity and encourages persons from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
About this company
At Marian University, our vision is to provide an education distinguished in its ability to prepare transformative leaders for service to the world. Our mission is to be a great Catholic university dedicated to providing students with excellent teaching and learning in the Franciscan and liberal arts tradition. We welcome students of all faiths who seek an educational experience framed within the context of our Franciscan values of dignity of the individual, peace and justice, reconciliation, and responsible stewardship. Our understanding of these values is informed by reflection on the life of Jesus Christ and prayer.
Location/Region: Indianapolis, IN