The College of Public Health and Human Sciences is seeking a Post-Award Research Administrator. This is a full-time (1.00 FTE), 12-month, fixed term professional faculty position. Reappointment is a the discretion of the Associate Dean for Research.
The Post-Award Research Administrator functions as a high-level individual contributor and team member managing the activities required to support grant and contract efforts for research faculty within the College of Public Health and Human Sciences (CPHHS). Responsibilities include performing both pre- and post-award sponsored activities and providing “cradle-to-grave” contract/grant and financial management for faculty and principal investigators (PI). He/she is the lead for post-award activities and serves as the primary information and operations resource for PIs in monitoring the administrative and financial performance of active grants and contracts and verifying the proper distribution of resources and use of funds.
The successful candidate is responsible for managing post-award support for grants and contracts and for providing policy review, interpretation and guidance for faculty. This position will coordinate administrative, compliance, and financial decisions related to CPHHS sponsored research projects and will have a significant impact on the overall success of faculty projects. The administrator will maintain a network of OSU research administrators and external funding agency contacts to foster communication and resolve issues.
The incumbent serves as a key member of the CPHHS research team and as a primary point of contact and strategic planning resource for college faculty. He/she maintains an in-depth knowledge of University and granting agency requirements and confers with grant and contract administrators and external funding agencies as necessary. This position reports directly to the Associate Dean for Research and with the other members of the CPHHS research team, serves as a research administration expert and ambassador for the college research enterprise.
- Master’s degree in public health, human sciences, social sciences, business administration, or related disciplines.
- Two years of work experience in a public health, human sciences, healthcare organization, or other related team-based setting.
- Research administration experience in a university setting, in particular dealing with sponsored programs activities.
- Knowledgeable of general administrative requirements for major government funding sources but also willing to work with industry and non-profit/foundation agreements.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, collaborate effectively with individuals and small groups, and coordinate work with other units/agencies.
- Must be highly self-motivated, possess strong organizational skills and an ability to work in an environment with limited supervision and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Office Excel specific to budget preparation, spreadsheet calculations or expense monitoring.
- This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSUStandard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.
- Demonstrated ability to assist in monitoring large, complex awards and budgets.
- Experience working with faculty on sponsored programs or financial management activities.
- Certified Research Administrator (CRA) credential.
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
Salary is Commensurate with Education and Experience
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by March 16, 2018. Applications will continue to be accepted after the full consideration date, until a sufficient applicant pool has been achieved or the position is filled. The closing date is subject to change without notice to applicants.
CLICK the blue APPLY NOW button on this page to go to our site and read the full job description and apply.
Location/Region: Corvallis, OR (US - 97331)