CheckWriters is a Payroll and HR technology company headquartered in the beautiful Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts. We’re in the business of making HR happy with software, service, and resources to support hard-working employers and HR pros. CheckWriters is a full HR platform for the full Employee experience.
We are looking for a talented and self-motivated Groundskeeper to join our team, primarily focusing on our beautifully expansive and developing property in Northampton. This role will be responsible for operation of all grounds maintenance hand and power equipment including heavy equipment, with an emphasis on landscape maintenance, plant installation, and construction.
This is a unique opportunity that offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and has the potential to develop into a Lead Groundskeeper position in the near future…
- Mow lawn areas, apply fertilizers, fungicides, insecticides and herbicides, spread loam, rake, seed, edge, weed, mulch planting beds, plant, prune, and select landscape plants.
- In applicable weather conditions, plow and shovel snow, and spread ice melting products.
- Clean assigned areas, and maintain equipment.
- Ability to direct the work of any assigned employees, or contractors.
- Work cooperatively and positively; both independently and as part of a team.
- Strict adherence to safety and security; compliance with all building security and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Effectual time management and communication.
- Acceptable and reliable attendance and punctuality.
The tools you'll need to be a qualified candidate for this amazing opportunity include...
- 1-3 years of recent experience in grounds operations, with emphasis on varied landscapes.
- Horticulture or related plant science knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to safely carry out all requirements of the grounds operation.
- Working knowledge and experience with landscape operations.
- Experience with landscape maintenance equipment, fertilization equipment, calibration of application equipment.
- Technical/working knowledge irrigation maintenance and repair.
- Excellent customer service skills, and professional presentation.
- Outstanding work ethic, professionalism, and a positive attitude.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license, and a reliable form of transportation required.
- Massachusetts Hoisting License desired.
Location/Region: Northampton, MA (US)