First American Home Buyers Protection offers a wide range of affordable home warranty products and services to home sellers and agents. A member of the First American Family of Companies (NYSE: FAF), First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit homewarranty.firstam.com.
- Resolve escalated claim issues for customers, sales reps, agents and upper management
- Responsible for generating and analyzing daily Virtual Observer, Business Objects and Avaya reporting to manage quality and department productivity
- Monitor calls and provide feedback to the representatives based on established quality standards
- Facilitate monthly team meetings
- Supervises the day to day operational activities of a functional area within a department.
- Develop employees’ skills by providing a clear understanding of performance expectations through coaching, monitoring, and accountability of staff. Writes and conducts employee performance reviews with consultation with Manager.
- Ensure appropriate wage and work hours laws are followed
- Provides hiring recommendation to management
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Successful track record of executing day to day operational responsibilities, along with participating in, developing and completing projects in area of expertise
- Strong analytical, organizational, administrative, time management, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multitask in order to meet critical deadlines
- Self motivated and results driven in a dynamic, and rapidly changing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of call center management and/or residential appliance and systems trade
- Advanced knowledge of Home Warranty policies and procedures in order to implement and enforce processes to ensure compliance and quality
- Superior listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy is critical
- Basic math skills
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships at the departmental level
- Ability to communicate the function’s vision and the department’s direction, and set aligned goals for team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- 3+ years of Customer Service experience and/or Claims Authorization experience
- 1-2 years demonstrated experience in a lead or supervisory role
- Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical, Appliance, Pool/Spa trade experience desirable
- Home Warranty or Real Estate experience preferred
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Carroll, IA