The welder must lay out and fabricate metal assemblies and weldments. He has to be familiar with structural welding, forming and various other fabrication processes.
The welder fabricator has to use technical drawings and various other specs and verbal instructions for planning and accomplishing the goal. Such professionals inspect their own work and have to meet deadlines
Welder Fabricator Duties and Responsibilities
Common duties and responsibilities that a welder fabricator would have to perform involve the following:
- Cutting and joining metal parts for fabricating or repairing vehicle equipment, furniture, tools and various other articles, applying tools like mig-welder, plasma cutter, arc welder, chop saw, oxyacetylene torch etc.
- Designing and fabricating the equipment and parts for meeting the special or unusual needs, using the manufacturer specifications, calculator, measuring devices, drawings etc.
- Installing or removing any special equipment like paint machine, grinder, power and hand tools etc.
- Designing and creating holding jigs that aid in fabrication of the parts in various numbers.
- Maintaining a record of all the work completed to facilitate the accounting activities.
- Maintaining routine inventory supplies that are used for operating the welding unit via inspection of stocks and ordering fresh stock as and when required.
Welder Fabricator Skills and Specifications
Skills and specifications frequently sought from a welder fabricator are likely to include the following:
- Knowledge of the properties and characteristics of metals used for cutting, welding and forming objects and of various welding fluxes and rods.
- Knowledge of safety precautions related to occupational hazards, procedures and practices of the trade.
- Skilled in identifying the proper power and hand tools in the safest possible manner and various equipment’s.
Location/Region: Knoxville. TN