Join Ecolab’s industry leading Pest Elimination team as a District Manager in the Bay Area market. As a District Manager you will manage a sales budget of approximately $1.5-4M to achieve sales and expense budget. You will develop and lead a team, including an Associate District Manager and Service Specialists who provide pest detection, elimination and prevention solutions to restaurants, hospitals, hotels, retail stores, food and beverage plants, schools, nursing homes, and other commercial establishments. Within the team, you will be responsible for coordinating district initial services, ensuring service excellence, managing open routes, pursuing sales opportunities, and performing quality assurance visits. Participating in recruiting, selecting, coaching and driving performance management is a vital component of the position. You will play a lead role in retaining and growing existing customers by ensuring consistent service delivery and achieving district operating income objectives through ethical and sound business practices. Inspire, motivate, and engage your team to achieve district goals and create shared ownership for success.
Location of District: San Ramon CA, Oakland CA; Bay area
Cities/Area Candidates must reside in: above location(s)
What You Will Do:
- Oversee a team of route service specialists responsible for delivering pest elimination solutions to customers
- Effectively select, train, develop and coach service specialists with emphasis on customer retention, growing existing account add-on sales, and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
- Develop and coach an Associate District Manager on leading the night route service specialists with emphasis on successful district results.
- Manage area business process to maximize route productivity and ensure consistent service delivery
- Fully understand Ecolab protocols and procedures to assure quality service and compliance with applicable regulations / laws
- Manage district P&L to maximize profitability
Must meet one of the following:
- Bachelors’ degree and 1 year of Ecolab or people management experience OR
- A combination of Ecolab, people management or education experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree (1.5 years of Ecolab experience = 1 year of post-secondary education) OR
- 2 years experience in an Ecolab Pest Elimination Associate District Manager role
Must have the following:
- PC skills: proficient in MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Exceptional communication & organizational skills
- Ability to read and write English
- Travel 25-30%
- Related industry experience
- Previous sales experience
- Good decision-making and problem solving skills when handling challenging situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing a remote workforce.
- Business management experience including strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service through needs assessment, monitoring quality standards, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
What’s in it For You:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Company vehicle
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Grow your income as you drive district profitability
Location/Region: San Ramon, CA